Permanent Residency in Thailand
You can apply for permanent residency in Thailand if you have lived in Thailand and held a non-immigrant visa for at least three years.You will be required to show similar documents to the ones used to apply for the non-immigrant visa and also sit for an interview which includes a test of your ability to speak, read, and write Thai.
Qualifications of an applicant:
1. You must have received at least 3 annual visas in Thailand on a non-immigrant visa prior to the submission of an application for permanent residency. If you hold multiple NON-Immigrant visas you cannot apply. You must have 3 un-broken yearly extensions in order to qualify.
2. You must be holding a non-immigrant Thai visa at the time of submitting an application.
The list of required documents depends on the category under which the application is made.
Application for a residence permit
Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book)
Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book) for a foreigner married to a Thai, the spouse of a resident, and any of their children who have not reached the status of a Thai juristic person (i.e., unmarried children aged below 20 years)
The Thai Immigration Bureau has recently (october 2003) announced quotas for all expatriates applying for residence permits at 100 persons per nationality. All foreigners may qualify to apply for a residence permit if he/she
1. Holds a passport of his/her current nationality, which was granted a Non-Immigrant visa and the individual has been permitted to stay in Thailand for at least 3 consecutive years on a 1-year visa extension basis up to the application submission date.
2. Has personal qualifications that meet one or more of the following categories:
- Investment category (minumum 3 – 10 Mil. Baht investment in Thailand)
- Working/ Business category
- Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: He/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possesses a residence permit as the followings:
- A legal husband or wife
- A legal father or mother
- A child who is under 20 years of age up to the submission date of application and must be single
4) Expert / academics category
5) Other categories
If you are looking at living in Thailand then speak to us about your application. You can also qualify if you have held a Thai work permit for 3 consecutive years before application. Again – call us on our tollfree number or speak to us in person and the process is very complicated, however it only needs to be done once and they only allow applications once a year and a limited number of applicants from each country.
Incoming search terms:
- thailand permanent residence visa for foreigner
- permanent residence thailand
- permanent residency in thailand
- permanent residence in thailand
- residency in thailand
- permanent visa thailand
- Thailand permanent residence requirements
- how to get permanent residency in thailand
- thailand permanent residency
- permanent visa in thailand
Comments are currently closed.