Re-Entry Premits in Thailand

Re-Entry Permits in Thailand

You need to have a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand if you have a 12 month retirement visa or a marriage visa. If you have a work permit then you also need to ensure that you have a re-entry permit in your passport before you leave Thailand.

The reason being that should you leave Thailand the visa you have now or the work permit will automatically be cancelled. Note that this is not a 12 month multiple entry visa but a visa which was extend in Thailand for the period of 12 months.

There are a number of options when it comes to the re-entry permit. There are single and multiple entry permits. If you leave Thailand more than twice a year then having a multiple entry permit might be just what you will need. This saves you time that otherwise would mean that you would spend 4-5 hours at Thai immigration each time you needed to leave Thailand.

When applying for a re-entry permit you will need to submit the following –

* A completed TM-8 form
* The correct fee
* A 2″ photo
* Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

Current fees for re-entry permit

* 1,000 Baht for single
* 3,800 Baht for multiple

If you need help with your re-entry permit then speak to us online for more information.